We wholeheartedly embrace the New Testament’s descriptions of Jesus Christ.
The following is copied from the Presbyterian Church of Australia website: Who is Jesus?
- He is the one and only Son of God who perfectly reveals God to humanity, the second person of the Holy Trinity. Whatever is true of God is true of Jesus, he is the revelation of God in human flesh.
- He is perfect man, man as God intented man to be, the worst the enemies of Jesus could say of him was that he ate with the wrong types of people.
- He perfectly fulfilled God’s law and so was never guilty of sin in word, thought or deed.
- He died for the sins of others, he is the sacrificial lamb of God, on the cross he pays the penalty of sin for others, he is the innocent who dies for the undeserving.
- Jesus’ substitutionary death, paying the penalty for sin, is not one version of events at the cross, it is the only way of understanding the cross, an ancient New Testament creed (1 Corinthians 15:3), says, ‘Christ died for our sins!’
- Jesus’ complete deity is attested by his bodily resurrection from the dead, death could not hold him down, since he had never sinned, and death is the salary which sin pays, Jesus never earned it.
- Jesus is at present at the right hand of God the Father in glory and one day will return to earth, the final judgement of all humanity will then take place and the new creation inaugurated, in which sin will have no part, and those who have loved and trusted the Lord Jesus will live in his presence forever.
- A clear statement of the Christian gospel is, ‘If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.’ (Romans 10:9).
We’d love to help you find out more about Jesus Christ!