Unfortunately, this event has been postponed until further notice.
On two consecutive Sundays (from 3PM to 5PM), Roger Stonehouse, M.A. Psych., will be speaking on ‘Parenting from toddlers to teens: what does the Bible tell us about being an effective parent?’
Three topics on First Sunday (on a date to be announced):
- Forming positive relationships with children
Three topics on Second Sunday (on a date to be announced):
- Parental expectations
- Helping child grow in their faith
- Responding to bullying and peer pressure
More about Roger Stonehouse, MA Psychology (USyd)
- 20 years as a School Counsellor and District Guidance Officer (Senior Psychologist) with the NSW Department of Education and Training; providing consultancy to registered psychologists, developing training for new school psychologists, coordinating delivery of psychological services
- Seventeen years as elder, lay preacher, and Bible study leader at Gosford Presbyterian Church; providing 12 years “Breaking The Silence” abuse prevention training to churches; providing psychological and counselling support to individuals and couples within the wider church who were having parenting difficulties, experiencing mental health (anxiety and depression) problems, and who were battling with addiction; providing parenting courses in churches in Wagga, Port Macquarie, Gosford, and Sydney
If you would like to join us, please register using the form below or by calling us:
Best practice safe child care will be provided. Please note that all of our volunteers and paid employees who work with children and young people or who are in a position of leadership have completed a Working with Children Check and meet all the Breaking the Silence requirements.
Please consider a $5 donation.